Friday, February 11, 2011

Dunes Junction Track Plan, Circa 2005

Dunes Junction 18" x 61" 
This is the Dunes Junction track plan (minus staging) rendered here using RailModeller software for the Mac. The plan is essentially an enlarged, HO version of Apple Creek Junction track plan in Linn Westcott's trusty old 101 Track Plans for Model Railroaders book published and reprinted numerous times by Kalmbach. (Carl Arendt reproduces the plan here on his Small Layout Scrapbook site).

The track is Peco Code 75 flex and turnouts, and that highway overpass on the left side of the plan has already been built. The catenary spans as depicted here ('I' shaped objects perpendicular to the track) are too close together on this plan. I plan to draw a fancier plan soon using my mad Adobe skillz (acquired since I drew this plan), and maybe work up a 3D model in Google Sketchup to better test out some of my scenery and backdrop ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment