Friday, January 20, 2017

Locomotive Mugshots, My Latest Hobby Within A Hobby

Amtrak 621, a Kato ACS-64, poses for its mug shot. Turns out one 'needs' locomotive mug shots when one uses fancified German DCC. When I first read Trevor Marshall's posts about how much he likes his new ESU ECoS 50200 DCC rig (here, and here), little did I know I would be learning to enjoy loco mugshotting . . .
The result, a tiny BMP file (that's actual size) that serves as the icon on the ECoS controller. Made 20 or so of these things, kind of like picture day in elementary school or maybe a precinct house after a riot by small fleet of N scale Northeast Corridor electric locomotives and their sympathizers. Look for a more comprehenisive post on my DCC adventures in a coming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment